HARMAN is committed to creating a work environment in which all individuals are treated universally with respect and dignity — without exception. We take seriously efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking, and we address them aggressively through internal human resources standards, as well as those set forth in the Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Beginning in FY2017, HARMAN will be adding a mandatory compliance course for the early career level through the executive level population including the CEO.
- HARMAN is currently in the process of vetting vendors to provide human trafficking and child labor supplier monitoring starting in FY2017.
- HARMAN maintains channels for any person to report concerns to compliance and assures robust follow-up on all allegations brought to our attention.
- All employees receive a copy of the Employee Code of Conduct in their local language upon hire and are obligated to confirm receipt and agree to comply with all outlined policies and guidelines.
- No fines have been levied against HARMAN for non-compliance with laws and regulations related to use of products and services.
HARMAN publishes the following associated policies and standards:
- Overview of Supply Chain Policies, including California Supply Chain Transparency Act; Verification; Audits; Certification; Internal Accountability Standards; and Training
- Supplier Code of Conduct
- Supplier Terms & Conditions
- Modern Slavery Statement
- Conflict Minerals Policy Statement
- 2016 SEC Filing Form SD – Specialized Disclosure Report - Conflict Minerals Report (CMR)
With our global operational presence and unwavering commitment to responsible business practices, we use guidance developed through the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) to build internal management systems. Many of the elements reflected in the suite of ISO guidance documents have been incorporated into HARMAN’s quality, energy, social, safety and environmental programs and management approach.
HARMAN is dedicated to driving continual improvement in environmental performance as prescribed in ISO 14001. These efforts include a worldwide Environmental Management System at HARMAN facilities. To date, HARMAN has achieved external certification under ISO 14001 at several key operating locations. Our corporate environmental policy also includes provisions that set worldwide standards for operations at all HARMAN facilities and suppliers.
HARMAN has selected the following criteria in the SA8000 standards as our primary focus: Child Labor Forced Labor (which includes human trafficking), Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining, Health & Safety, Discrimination, Disciplinary Practices, Working Hours and Compensation.
HARMAN strives to ensure our customers’ privacy is always protected when using our software. There have been no substantiated complaints received regarding breaches of customer privacy and/or losses of customer data.