HARMAN solutions enhance life’s experiences, simplifying the way people interact with technology and connecting them to the world around them.
HARMAN is the world's leading provider of premier audio, visual, infotainment and enterprise automation solutions through a legendary portfolio of brands, including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®. Our talented workforce and innovation strength create value for our stakeholders by enabling rich experiences through the connected car, connected enterprise and connected lifestyle.
Audiophiles from every generation call on HARMAN to deliver the best in sound in the studio and on the stage, at home and on the go. More than 25 million vehicles on the road today enjoy an enhanced driving experience, thanks to HARMAN audio and infotainment. We extend the same spirit of innovation to the world’s leading performance and sporting venues, providing everyone with the best seats in the house.
Seizing the rich opportunities of today’s global markets requires more than legendary sound. HARMAN has reshaped our organization and cost structure to make the Company more agile in a changing world. We have dramatically expanded the resources with which we serve high-growth emerging markets. In addition, we have refocused our efforts around the world to work more closely with our customers. Most importantly, the track record of innovation, which has distinguished HARMAN and its premium audio and infotainment brands for more than 60 years, continues.
HARMAN’s structure comprises three divisions that design, manufacture and market some of the world’s finest electronic products and technologies: Infotainment, Lifestyle and Professional.
Our Infotainment division’s offerings are installed primarily as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. These information and entertainment components include or control:
- GPS navigation and traffic information
- Driver safety capabilities such as lane guidance, traffic sign recognition, pre-crash emergency braking, adaptive cruise control and night vision
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Voice-activated telephone, texting and climate control
- Multi-seat entertainment
- Digital media compatibility
- Wireless Internet access
- Hard disk recording and MP3 playback
- Entry-level radio platform with the ability to add smart-phone connectivity, turn-by-turn navigation and voice prompts
Our Lifestyle division creates automotive audio systems, mostly for use as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. This division also offers a wide range of mid- to high-end loudspeaker and electronics for home, multimedia and mobile applications. Home applications include:
- Dedicated home audio and theater systems
- Distributed, multi-zone audio and video systems
- A wide-range of innovative multimedia accessories such as: noise cancelling headphones; TwistLock™ earphones designed for intense workouts; and earbuds, including wireless ones that enhance the sound of portable electronic devices
Our Professional division* offers an extensive range of products for recording, broadcast, cinema and music reproduction applications, used by AV professionals and in prestigious venues around the world. Our products include:
- Power amplifiers
- Digital signal processors
- Mixing consoles
- Lighting systems
- Video and control solutions
- Information delivery systems
*In June 2014, HARMAN acquired AMX, a leading provider of enterprise control and audio/video switching and distributing solutions. Incorporation of these technologies will be included in subsequent reports.